A wedding march is the song that will play at the start of a wedding ceremony during the wedding party’s procession down the aisle. Every bride will most likely spend some time considering what song she wants played during this important moment to set the tone for the rest of the ceremony.
To find the perfect song to play for your bridal march, consider whether you are looking to do something classic or if you would prefer to put a twist on your entrance with something more modern and upbeat.
Classic traditional wedding march processional songs include:
- Air from Water Music Suite by George F. Handel
- Bridal Chorus from Lohengrin by Richard Wagner
- Canon in D by Johann Pachelbel
- Procession of Joy by Hal Hopson
- Spring from The Four Seasons by Antonio Vivaldi
For a more modern stare to your day, consider beautiful ballads like:
- A Thousand Years by Christina Perri
- Marry Me by Train
- Somewhere Over The Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo’Ole
Some couples even opt for upbeat music to have a completely unique, custom entrance created just for their wedding. Check out this fun and creative video of a choreographed wedding procession to Forever by Chris Brown.
A custom song is also a perfect option for a wedding procession. From soft acoustic to upbeat ballads, work with a musician to create the perfect original song for your wedding procession to start the ceremony with just the words, memories and feelings you want to share with the whole world on your wedding day.